Envision remains highly focused on its strategy of supporting its clinicians who are directly engaged in the COVID-19 relief effort. It is collaborating with hospital partners to manage the significant disruption caused by the ongoing crisis and protecting its long-term ability to care for patients.
“Thousands of Envision clinicians across the country are caring for patients and fighting to mitigate the spread of COVID-19,” said Jim Rechtin, President and CEO of Envision Healthcare. “Their heroic and relentless efforts are truly inspiring. More than 500 Envision clinicians have travelled out of state and transferred their skills within their current hospitals and health systems to treat patients in COVID-19 hot spots. The pandemic has put an enormous strain on the nation’s health system and economy. Guided by the delivery of quality patient care, we will continue taking deliberate actions to pull our teams and communities through this crisis and ensure patients have access to care when they need it most.”
Envision has taken a leading position in responding to America’s call for COVID-19 care. The medical group’s actions to support clinicians, healthcare partners and patients include:
- Rapidly mobilizing to meet the need for more physicians and advanced practice providers across the nation. Envision has deployed or reassigned more than 500 clinicians across 55 hospitals and medical sites in six states as part of its nationwide efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Securing more than 4 million items of PPE, including masks, face shields, gowns, and goggles to support Envision’s clinicians and hospital partners. This PPE is being delivered to areas of greatest need.
- More than 250 Envision surgery centers across the nation are gearing up to provide staff, equipment, and PPE to support local hospitals. These facilities can help care for the surge in patients, provide overflow capacity, and facilitate testing for COVID-19.
- Deploying telehealth platforms. Telehealth technology allows Envision’s clinicians to practice social distancing and preserves necessary PPE. Even doctors who are quarantined can use telehealth to remotely treat patients.
- Treating every patient regardless of their ability to pay. Envision has committed to working with all parties to ensure no COVID-19 patient is burdened with unexpected costs. We will not send patients surprise medical bills and will work to ensure patients are only responsible for in-network cost-sharing.
Recent updates on Envision’s COVID-19 response:
About Envision Healthcare Corporation
Envision Healthcare Corporation is a leading provider of physician-led services and post-acute care, and ambulatory surgery services. The Company delivers physician services, primarily in the areas of emergency department and hospitalist services, anesthesiology services, radiology/tele-radiology services, and children’s services to more than 1,800 clinical departments in healthcare facilities in 45 states and the District of Columbia. Post-acute care is delivered through an array of clinical professionals and integrated technologies which, when combined, contribute to efficient and effective population health management strategies. As a market leader in ambulatory surgical care, the Company owns and operates 257 surgery centers and one surgical hospital in 35 states and the District of Columbia, with medical specialties ranging from gastroenterology to ophthalmology and orthopedics. In total, the Company offers a differentiated suite of clinical solutions on a national scale, creating value for health systems, payers, providers and patients. For additional information, visit www.envisionhealth.com.