Envision’s wellness program provides resources and a structured approach to help all employees take care of themselves as they navigate the disruption and stress caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Wellness initiatives include:
- Daily wellness coaching and stress management support for support staff navigating the challenges of COVID-19.
- Several daily video conference calls led by trained experts for clinicians and their families that focus on community support and conclude with a five-minute guided meditation. Each session is tailored for, and focuses on, clinicians on the frontlines.
- Crisis peer support training deployed throughout the organization for clinicians and advanced practice providers on the frontlines of COVID-19, including those who are in quarantine or have contracted COVID-19.
- Counseling and follow-up sessions for clinicians who have been deployed to or work in coronavirus hot spots to help them debrief and prepare for reintegration back home.
“Regardless of specialty, clinicians are having their normal practice disrupted by COVID-19. These new stressors are also challenging clinician support systems and mental health. We are fully committed to the well-being of our doctors and advanced practice providers who have answered the nation’s call for care,” said Dr. Stefanie Simmons, Vice President of Patient and Clinician Engagement. “Keeping clinicians safe and healthy is critical to treating coronavirus patients and mitigating the spread of COVID-19. It’s also important to clinicians’ long-term ability to deliver patient care in the communities they serve.”
Envision has taken a leading position in responding to America’s call for COVID-19 care. The medical group’s actions to support clinicians, healthcare partners and patients include:
- Rapidly mobilizing to meet the need for more physicians and advanced practice providers across the nation. Envision is providing support to Mount Sinai Health System and three other hospitals in New York, as well as others in the Greater New York area. Anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists from the anesthesiology provider team are already on the ground to meet unprecedented demand for care. Clinicians will continue to be deployed to address surging hot spots across the country.
- Securing more than 4 million items of PPE, including masks, face shields, gowns, and goggles to support Envision’s clinicians and hospital partners. This PPE is being delivered to areas of greatest need.
- More than 250 Envision surgery centers across the nation are gearing up to provide staff, equipment, and PPE to support local hospitals. These facilities can help care for the surge in patients, provide overflow capacity, and facilitate testing for COVID-19.
- Treating every patient regardless of their ability to pay. Envision has committed to working with all parties to ensure no COVID-19 patient is burdened with unexpected costs. We will not send patients surprise medical bills and will work to ensure patients are only responsible for in-network cost-sharing.
About Envision Healthcare Corporation
Envision Healthcare Corporation is a leading provider of physician-led services and post-acute care and ambulatory surgery services. Envision delivers physician services, primarily in the areas of emergency department and hospitalist services, anesthesiology services, radiology/tele-radiology services, and children’s services to more than 1,800 clinical departments in healthcare facilities in 45 states and the District of Columbia. Post-acute care is delivered through an array of clinical professionals and integrated technologies which, when combined, contribute to efficient and effective population health management strategies. As a market leader in ambulatory surgical care, Envision owns and operates 257 surgery centers and one surgical hospital in 35 states and the District of Columbia, with medical specialties ranging from gastroenterology to ophthalmology and orthopedics. In total, Envision offers a differentiated suite of clinical solutions on a national scale, creating value for health systems, payers, providers and patients. For additional information, visit www.envisionhealth.com.