In this Candid Conversations episode, Jeff Snodgrass, President of AMSURG, talks about colorectal cancer (CRC) awareness and all that our teams do to save people’s lives. As a leading provider of colonoscopies (our teams provided more than 1 million colonoscopies in 2022), AMSURG helps patients prevent and detect CRC. We are uniquely positioned to continue contributing to research, education and advocacy that advances screening practices and the health of communities. Take it from us — timely colonoscopies are important in maintaining your health, and the colonoscopy process isn’t all that bad.
As we recognize Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month this March, here are some key facts to know and share with family and friends:
- CRC is the second leading cause of cancer death in the U.S.
- CRC is one of the most preventable cancers
- More people are being diagnosed with CRC at a younger age
- People at average risk for CRC should receive their first screening colonoscopy at age 45 instead of 50, which was the previous recommendation
- Those with a family history of CRC are at a greater risk of developing CRC and should be screened earlier and more frequently
- A colonoscopy is the most accurate and effective screening method, as a physician can remove a polyp before it becomes cancerous and can detect and sometimes remove cancerous polyps
- The sooner CRC is detected, the more opportunity someone has to survive
- To learn more about CRC prevention and where to receive a colonoscopy, visit StopColonCancerNow.com
About Candid Conversations
The video series features Envision teammates in endearing and curiosity-fueled interviews. We share stories about our lives and work caring for our communities. We also learn about the qualities that make us unique and find common ground on the ones that make us all human. While these videos are snapshots of our interactions, I hope they bring us closer together and inspire you to create similar meaningful moments with your teams.
Look for more videos here and engage with teammates.